If you own a home or business in Virginia, you may be thinking about hiring a concrete paving contractor to improve the functionality and aesthetic of your driveway. Adding a high quality concrete driveway to your property can not only help to improve the value of your land, it can ensure that your visitors or employees are safe from any hazardous cracks or holes in the ground. In this blog, we’ll discuss everything you need to know about hiring a residential concrete contractor so you can ask the right questions during the consultation process.
At Custom Paved Driveway, we take great pride in providing our Virginia customers with some of the best concrete and asphalt paving services available. Our contractors have the skills and experience needed to effectively build you a strong and reliable driveway that will last for years to come. If you’re interested in learning more about our paving services or you have questions regarding the state of your current driveway, contact our experts today!
Choosing A Concrete Contractor
Before you hire the first concrete contractor you meet, it’s important to take the time to do a little research on the contractors in your area. If a contractor comes to your door with a truck full of asphalt looking for a job to do “before it cools down,” this person may not be the best fit for your project. When you work with a reputable concrete company, you can rest assured that they are using the latest and greatest tools and materials to make your driveway vision a reality. Let’s look at some helpful tips to consider as you start shopping around for a contractor.
- When you begin your search for a concrete paving contractor, keep an eye out for companies that have testimonials and image galleries on their website. This will give you an idea of the services that they offer, and you may be able to scope out images from projects they have completed in the past. If you’re struggling to find the perfect contractor online, reach out to some friends and family in the area and ask them who they use for their paving needs.
- As you interview different concrete specialists, you may be presented with a project proposal. Make sure to hold onto these proposals so you can compare them from one contractor to another.
- Ask each contractor you interview for a list of past projects. If they have just poured a handful of concrete driveways in your neighborhood, you may be able to scope out some of their finished projects yourself.
- Choose a contractor who has experience pouring concrete in your town. If you choose a contractor who just moved to Virginia from New York, they may not use the best concrete materials for your home, which can lead to faster wear and tear down the line.
- Check that the professionals you hire have insurance. On occasion, accidents can happen on a job site, and it’s important to ensure that you and your family are protected in the case of an accident. Make sure the contractors you are working with has insurance that is adequate enough to cover your home and the project.
- Look for a concrete expert who has a cheerful and happy demeanor. You can tell a lot about someone by they way to treat you, even if you are just inquiring about a project quote. If you find a contractor that is open to discuss your project and answer your questions before signing the dotted line, this is always a good sign.
We hope these tips help you as you start your search for a concrete contractor. If you live in Virginia, contact the professionals at Custom Paved Driveway for a quote today!